3.03.2007

let it ride, let it roll, let it go



i am wasting time in an incredibly impressive way this evening and in my travels i came upon this which i wanted to share here because i think it is great and well written and speaks to me in a very familiar way.
"I’m not sure what advice I would have for our friend. Maybe none. Maybe just the acknowledgment that some decisions are a bitch, and that’s the truth. That you can’t really be sure that your feelings and choices won’t change from one day to the next, because that’s what life is all about, growing and adapting, hopefully for the better. But if you’re really, really lucky, the hardest choices you ever make will pay out, like some great fucking slot machine hitting all three winning reels, raining joy and laughter into your life."

these days it is easy to focus on the difficulty of the change, the pain of growing, even when the slot machine is preparing itself for alignment. it was nice to have this reminder that feeling like that is ok, it is all part of the journey from here to somewhere better.

1 comment:

Trish @ spiritofplace.com said...

I love the quote. I'm making some tough life choices right now and i wish I knew what the winning choice was because raining joy and laughter into my life sounds pretty amazing.