9.13.2006

ten random things around the apartment i love and why...

ok i said i was going to steal the idea and now i have. all the credit goes to tara for putting me on to it in the first place.

1. the quilted letters that make up cohen's name that for now we keep on the side of the crib (one day soon he will make a grab for it i know!). they came from assembly of text and were a gift from nicole and i love them. they make me smile everytime i see them. i think it is because they are just a little bit of country and a lot of funk.

2. this tea cup and mismatched saucer because i bought them just yesterday at the salvation army in the "as is" section and they are real bone china without a ding on them and she only charged me $2 for the set. i love that they don't match and that they have gold trim and that they belonged to some old lady somewhere and now they belong to me. i have started drinking tea in the last two days just so that i can use them. i intend to go back and search for others, i would like to have a mismatched tea set, although i will call it eclectic!

3. the goods i bought at the local farmers market today. the raspberries are amazing but the real winner was the homous, i ate half the container within ten minutes of being home. i think it is great that they have a place where we can go and buy local and actually talk to the person who grew/made it!

4. this picture continues to make me smile every morning. as most of you know it is one of lori's. isn't she the most amazing artist. she deserves all the praise she gets. i know i love to watch my bear "dancing in the rain" and one day cohen will too!

5. our machine that both washes and dries...it's heaven. to think that we actually considered living in an apartment that didn't have laundry with a baby? i shudder to even think what that would be like now. this one machine has completely changed our lives...almost as much as...





6. our dishwasher. i had never had one before. i will never not have one again. the cutlery can go to hell...or into the dishwasher...cause i have no busines with it anymore!






7. the picture is of our saltwater reef tank, well part of it at least, but i am going to give a shout out to both the tanks here (we also have a freshwater tank). i love the way the fish swim and beg for food and bicker with each other but most of all i love the way the water sounds as it goes in and out of the filter. i can close my eyes and for just a moment believe that i am sitting beside a river listening as it trickles on by.


8. the couch. it was my dream for years to have a nice grown-up-not-hand-me-down couch. it would mean that i made it, that i am finally an adult. that dream came true a few months ago when we had this one custom made for us. it was one of those things that once it came was just as great as i thought it would be. we've been good friends ever since.

that brings us to the last two which, if you are a regular reader here shouldn't be hard to guess...

9. galena the magical cat. the cat that has stuck by me for years, has moved across country and into nearly a dozen new homes with me and with whom a little piece of my heart lies. there are plenty of posts here on the blog about her and dozens of pictures, in fact she was my muse before there was cohen. i am lucky to have her in my life. i probably don't remind her enough these days.


10. and of course mr. cohen. these days he is my sun and my moon, the light that shines on everything else and makes it all new again. my little pooper.

2 comments:

Tara said...

You did a great job, you put me to shame...

Wash/dries without removing them? That must be heaven... I will have to look into getting me one of those.

Your teacup is adorable, and Im sure filled with more memories then either of us could ever dream up.

I have to admit, I love your number 10 the best... Hes such a handsome little guy... He has been so blessed to have you as his mommy....

nicole said...

I loved your post today! It made me smile and cheer! Yayyyy....What a wonderful life. :)