4.25.2005

what seems simple in the moonlight in the morning rarely is




collages
little pieces taken from everywhere and brought down on this one sheet. the colours, the history combined to make the story. the new one.

i could take pieces of me, the garfield bear whose eyes scratched on the ground while we shopped, the mary jane shoes and lacey barettes, the moths from the window, a tooth (the one that fell out that fateful august day), rollerskates, a photograph taken in the eighties when I still looked young and innocent, a bottle of gin, a pack of cards, a list of excuses and the truth. I will lay them all down, assemble the pieces and create the story of my undoing.


re-arranged and turned inside out you can never read the same. but it would be good to get it all out there and look at it awhile. take inventory of all the things i carry with me.

No comments: